As we look at the economic landscape in 2023, we know that some of you are busy and making money, some of you are struggling to make payroll, and the majority of you are in the middle… cash-flowing but wanting more. It’s been that kind of year, so why are some holding their own while others decline? Our thoughts:
- MARKETING IS KEY: And by this, we mean having a detailed plan and sticking to it. Do you cease marketing when business slows in your off-season, or do you keep it consistent?
- MARKETING IS EARNED: By that, we mean building a roofing brand. A brand that endures regardless of the economic climate. You must stand for something.
- MARKETING IS NOT THE PUSH OF A BUTTON: It takes time to build a solid position in the marketplace. Some aspects can be hurried, but most cannot.
- MARKETING IS NOT EASY. It’s not simple; if it were, everyone would do it, but it isn’t, and they don’t. Be prepared to feed it with little initial return when you begin.
- SIZE DOES NOT MATTER: We see small, well-positioned firms navigating this unusual year well and still keeping their marketing plans in place, while other larger firms with no plan are not super happy.
Hopefully, it’s a good year for you, and you’re not affected by any of the Federal Reserve action, but if not, take heart, now is the time to put a marketing plan together and operate from a position of confidence going forward.
Onward and upward!